Sunday, March 29, 2009

We Have a Winner!

Nancy in Nashville, come on down! You're the winner in The Price Is Right contest. Nancy guessed $15.99, which was the closest guess without going over. There was another guess that was closer to the exact amount, but it was over. So, how much did four loose silk ties, one silk tie in a fancy box with accessories, three silk scarves, one pashmina shawl, one man's scarf, and a twirled silk scarf cost me at the silk shop around the corner? All together, they came to a total of $41.00. The loose ties were $2.50 each; the tie with accessories was $5.00. Each plain silk scarf was $4.00, as was the man's scarf. The pashmina and the twirled scarf were $5.00 each. The prize? Since Nancy told me that she'd always looked at pashmina and figured she couldn't afford it, there will be one coming her way from Hue, via Charlottesville when I get home. And I think I'll give a consolation prize to the person who guessed $50.00 because that wasn't that far off. I don't know what that will be yet, but I'll think of something.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

YeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!! Thank you, Jean. I can't believe it, I never win anything and that is the 2nd contest I have won in two days. I'm thinking maybe I should play the Lottery. LOL
N-i-N