Monday, March 23, 2009

First (and Possibly Only) Sail A-Hue Contest

We had dinner at the home of the director of Hue University's Advanced Program in Physics (the program in which the husband is teaching) tonight, which doesn't really give me time to start and finish the planned post about what we did today (tentative title is "Holy Hell! That's an Elephant!"), so to kill time I thought I'd run a contest. First prize is something of my choosing (to be chosen after I know who wins, because what if I offered a female-type prize and a male won) from Hue. Winner is the first person to leave a comment or e-mail me (at any of my various e-mail addresses) correctly identifying the object shown below. It was given to the husband and me at lunch today. Each son also received one. We have been asked to take them with us and send back photos of our using them in different locales. So what do you think we'll be doing with them in the photos? If all the responses come in the form of comments here, I'll use the one that comes in first. If I get the correct answer in both comments here and separate e-mails, I'll use the date and time stamp on the e-mail or comment to determine the winner. Or, if more than one person gets it right, maybe I'll give more than one prize. After all, it's my contest, so I get to set the rules. And now let me go at least get the hellephant post started.

4 comments:

Christian D said...

I'm going to guess a bottle opener.

Chris DeBaun

Jean said...

Ladies and gentleman, we have a winner!

Anonymous said...

Jean I would not have guessed. Does the other side give more clues? Guess I need to see these bottles.

Debi said...

I was clueless.