Saturday, March 7, 2009

Images of Ho Chi Minh City

I appear to be the only one awake here in Hue at 6:00 p.m. local time. To try to distract myself from hunger pains (haven't eaten since breakfast in Ho Chi Minh city), here are some shots I took there this morning.


This was right across the street from our hotel. Behind the motorbikes whizzing by is some sort of park, with a costume-clad marching band out front, playing loudly at 8:00 in the morning.


I must admit that the state of the wiring along the streets was just a bit disconcerting.


This was on a wall we walked by. Yeah, it looks like Arnold to me, too.


More wires. They were everywhere!


This wall of plants was actually quite nice.


The US has exported a lot of things, Bart Simpson among them. Interestingly, we have yet to see a Starbucks or a McDonald's here, though we did see two KFCs in Ho Chi Minh City.

The men are moving, so it's time for dinner!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the trip is off to a great start! Can't wait to hear about your impressions of Hue and beyond. Love the pics!

Debi said...

I think all those wires would freak me out a bit! Thank you so much for sharing the photos! You know, already I'm seeing a lot of inspiration for all you writers in the family...

Va said...

Power lines reminiscent of China in the 1980s, Peru, etc in 2006! Motorbikes and bikes - also like Taiwan and China in 1989 - now think about converting each of them to a car! China today!