Saturday, April 11, 2009

A is for Angkor / B is for Behind

Two days of temple-ing and more temple-ing have left little time for blogging. I shot 471 photos yesterday and almost as many today. We have declared tomorrow a free day after one more sunrise over Angkor Wat. I am thinking about how to organize some Angkor posts, though I still have some items from Halong Bay and Hanoi that I'd like to post. First, though, there is the pool and then dinner at what appears to be the only vegetarian Khmer restaurant in Siem Reap. There's also the night market to experience. Siem Reap is serving as a transition back to the real world, with prices hovering between the unbelievably low prices of Vietnam and what we expect to be unbelievably high prices when we hit Scandinavia. It's been great here, and will be for a couple more days, but I think we're all ready to get back to where we don't stand out as much as we do here.

No comments: